· Place your right foot on the floor, rest your left knee and hand on a flat bench.
· Lean forward so your body’s weight is supported by your left arm and knee.
· Keeping your back flat, reach down and pick up the dumbbell with your right hand.
· Raise your right arm as close to your chest as possible; while bending and bringing your elbow back as far as you can.
· Pause at the top for a moment and then lower the dumbbell in a controlled manner to the starting position.
· Switch arms by doing the opposite positioning.