One Leg Squat with BarbellThe One Leg Squat isolates the muscles of the leg for optimal exercise. This exercise is also used to build or rebuild strength after injury.
· Place a bench or box 12-18 inches tall behind you. The taller the box the greater the difficulty of the exercise.
· Lifting a barbell off of a weight rack, position it on your shoulders.
· Place one foot up on the bench, and your other foot firmly on the floor 2-3 feet in front you.
· Drawing your abs in descend slowly by bending your front knee and hip as if you are sitting down (squatting).
· Lower yourself as far as you can control without letting your body shift towards your toe (this will cause you to loose balance).
· Pause in the downward position and slowly return upright to the starting position.
· Switch legs and repeat.
Download Gym Hero to start a routine