Squat to Bench with BarbellThis is s great overall exercise for the lower body. There are many variations on the squat, this one uses a bench to remind you how far down to squat.
· Place a bench behind you.
· Lifting a barbell off of a weight rack, position it on your shoulders.
· Place your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with your knees and toes pointed slightly outward.
· Drawing your abs in, descend slowly and squat down, bending at the knees and hips.
· Lower yourself as far as you can control without letting your body shift towards your toes (this will cause you to loose balance). Do not sit on the bench.
· Pause in the downward position and slowly return upright to the starting position.
Download Gym Hero to start a routine