· Start by placing a barbell across your upper back, using a grip slightly wider than your shoulders.
· Stand with your feet about 8 inches apart, toes facing forward.
· Take a step forward (2-3 feet) keeping your abs drawn in and your upper body straight.
· Slowly lower one knee down as if kneeling while keeping your other knee bent at a 90 degree angle, do not let your knee touch the ground.
· Lower your body so that your rear knee is just above the floor and hold for a moment before returning to the starting position.
· Repeat on other side.